Sunday, October 30, 2011

Down on the Farm and Sleepyhead

Stopping by to share 2 of my projects made with my November The Scrapping Spot kit. I think The Crate Paper Farmhouse collection is one of my favorite collections to date since I've been scrapping!

Here is a layout about my sweet little Gracie girl who I took this picture of while we were spending the day on a farm that has a fun corn maize every year. I love that they had these great toy tractors for the kids to play on. So proud of myself for breaking out of the box with my sewing maching! I sat down to do my usual straight or zig zag stitch but thought to myself "why not use a different stitch!" So I did and I am loving how it turned out!

Down on the Farm



Loving this cherry paper but I sort of struggled at first on how to use it. I kept trying to think of any pictures I have of Gracie in an outfit with cherries but I have none!! So there again I found my poor little brain trying to think outside the box. I then started pairing up the red with some green and went straight to these pictures of my little sleepyhead! As with the layout about I found myself doing something I've never tried before: mitered corners with a border punch on the inside and once again loved how it turned out!

Sleepyhead



Hope you enjoyed these layouts and found some inspiration in one or both of them!! I'll be tomorrow with the other 2 layouts and a card to share with you!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment