Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wow! My "Thank you for everything" card is featured today...

WOW! WOW! WOW! (said in my best Wubbzy voice) I can't believe it!! One of my favorite cards is featured today over on the Create blog! So since they posted it I guess it's ok that I post it too.


I created this card using one of the gorgeous kits from The Paper Bakery when I guest designed for them back in February. As soon as I saw the lace and rust colored ribbon I knew I wanted it to be the main focal point in one of my projects. So this card was the lucky one! 

Thank You for everything card


Top picture is the one I took and the bottom one was taken by the photographers at Northridge Publishing. LOVE the basket and pinecones in the background! 


Here are some instruction if you're interested....

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING by Aimee Kidd
Card is 5 x 7”Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper, badge, butterfly label sticker: October Afternoon; Seam binding, lace trim, kit (November 2011): The Paper Bakery; Wooden doily: Maya Road; Sentiment stamp: SP & Co.; Spray mist: Tattered Angels; Corner rounder: EK Success; Adhesive: Helmar Design Studio
Cover the front of a white card base with silver textured cardstock and ink the edges brown. Trim a panel of light blue floral paper, round the upper corners, ink the edges brown, and adhere it on the center of the card. Cut a smaller panel of book paper, round the upper corners, ink the edges brown, and mount it on the center of the light blue panel. Back a strip of orange seam binding with lace trim and glue it down the center of the card. Spray a wooden doily with silver mist, affix a fancy orange seam binding bow and flower on the center of it, and attach it to the center of the card. Place a metal rooster badge on the center of the doily. Stamp a sentiment in brown onto a butterfly label sticker and add the sticker across the bottom of the wooden doily.


Hope you like it and that it inspires you to create a card to thank someone special in your life! Thanks for stopping by today!!

post signature

1 comment: