Thursday, February 28, 2019

LW Easter Treat Box


Hello friends! I'm here with you today with a tutorial on using Lori Whitlock's new sketch images to create this sweet little Easter gift bag. I choose a couple of adorable images from the Sketch Easter Bundle that you can find in Lori's Shop here or in the Silhouette Design Store (rabbit, flower). I also used this new Favor Box that can be found in Lori's store here or in the Silhouette Design Store here.

 

Open the images and add an offset image around each image. I resized the offset to 0.050. After you have the offset image, highlight both images and group them together so they are easily moved around. The black lines are the sketch lines and the red lines are the cut lines.


Once I had both images with an offset cut grouped, I measured them against the box cut to make sure  they were appropriately sized.


For those of you who are new to using Silhouette sketch pens, here is a Silhouette tutorial for using them. A big HINT when using the sketch pens and then cut cutting them out is NOT removing your cutting mat after the image is drawn. Leave the mat in place and then switch over to the blade and let it cut the image out from your paper.



Here are my images after the sketching and cutting are complete. Now comes the fun part of decorating them. I used Lori’s new collections Easter Wishes and Spring Fling  on this project because the colors and patterns are so fun and vibrant


I fussy cut one of the eggs out of pattern paper and added it to the rabbit so that it looks like he's holding it. I also added some pink to the back of his ears. For the flower, I trimmed the flower and adhered it to the top of the green flower sketch cut and added a matching button and baker's twine.


For the finishing touches I added a pink striped bow and the Happy Easter sentiment from the Light Up Card Easter Bunny that can be found in Lori's store here or in the Silhouette Design Store here.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you give the new sketch images a try and create your own little box for Easter or Wedding!

Aimee




1 comment: