Thursday, November 7, 2019

Santa divided candy box


Hello crafty friends! I say it's never too early to get a jump start on Christmas gifts so today I have a tutorial for a small gift box that's filled with Christmas yummies that is perfect to give to a teacher, neighbor, or co-worker.  I've used one of Lori's new Divided Candy Boxes that has this adorable little Santa Claus face on the top of the box (Lori's Shop, Silhouette Store). Lori also has a bundled set of these fun little candy boxes found here if you want all 4 because you have a hard time choosing just 1.



To get started, cut out all of your pieces from your chosen card stocks and patterned paper. You will need to cut out 9 of the little boxes that go inside the big box.


To get started, I adhered all 9 boxes so the glue could dry while I was putting the main box together. A little tip to help you speed things up...use mini clothing pins to hold the sides together while the glue is drying.


For the main box, I folded on the score lines for both the top and the bottom pieces and then adhered the panel pieces to the top lid. Next I adhered the sides together on both pieces.


For the Santa piece, I flipped the beard and face pieces over so I could line up the dk brown/black piece so the hole doesn't cover the nose. The red from the bottom piece of Santa will show through for his nose.


To add some dimension, I took the mustache, lining of the hat and the pom pom of his hat and used pop dots. I also added some glitter to those pieces to make him a fun and glitzy Santa.


Lastly, I adhered Santa to the top of the box, added the little boxes inside, and filled with some Christmas Rollos. The bite-sized pieces fit perfectly with 2 to each box.


These would be great to have on hand in case that unexpected Christmas guest stops by!


So why not get an early start on those Christmas gifts and make a few of these? They are so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Aimee


No comments:

Post a Comment