Thursday, March 25, 2021

Bunny Banner Home Decor


 Hello crafty friends! Easter is a little over a week away and I have been a busy little bee decorating my house with bunnies, Easter eggs, and springy flowers. After a long cold and dark Winter, I am ready for some light and refreshing pastel colors and happy little bunnies!

Today I wanted to share an idea of using some of Lori's svg files to help you along with your Spring/Easter decorating. On my beautiful tiered tray set I have 4 different files. There are the adorable boy and girl Hexagon Easter Bunny Boxes (Lori's Shop, Silhouette) and the Carrot Favor Boxes (Lori's Shop, Silhouette) which I made a couple of years ago and held onto because they are just too stinking cute and I couldn't give them away. But today I want to show you how I made the sweet little bunny banner that is draped on my tiered tray set. I made a quick little tutorial on how to create this banner using the Layered Bunting 2 (Lori's Shop, Silhouette) and the Easter Bunny Set (Lori's Shop, Silhouette). In this picture below you can see just how much paper projects can add to home decorations. And I am LOVING how adorable the banner turned out! If anyone is interested, I used Lori's Echo Park Easter Wishes and All Girl collections for this project.


To get started, I pulled up both of the files to get an idea of how they would fit together. When you pull the banner pieces up you will see just an outline. I colored them in for my tutorial.


I knew I would need at least 6 banner pieces so I duplicated the banner pieces and added the bunnies to each to get an idea of what it would look like and what colors I wanted to use.


And also I needed 2 banners for the layers  of my tiered tray set but I wanted one of them to be bigger for the middle layer. So I duplicated the entire banner set and then resized it to make it bigger. As you can see in the picture, the small banner pieces measure 1.25" wide and the big banner pieces measure 1.50" wide. These can be resized to fit any project you may have.


Here you can see all of the pieces cut out using different patterned papers. Now to start adhering all of these pieces together. A quick tip...glue the top of the banner pieces before the bunny rabbits! That way you'll know where to place the bunny without over lapping the pieces.


Now that all of the pieces are adhered together we can start stringing them together.


For this step, I used some pink floss and a needle. I wanted to use some twine but the holes in the banner pieces are so small it would not work. But I'm liking the pink floss and think it actually looks better and the needle made it quick and easy to assemble the banner.


Once you have all of the banner pieces assembled, tie a small knot on each end to keep the pieces from sliding off.


To attach the banners to my tiered tray I used some very sticky tape runner to the tops of the banner pieces.  And now it's ready to be sat out for all to admire! I sent pictures to my sister and she gushed over it!


So that's all from me today! I really hope everyone is happy and healthy and ready to brightened up their space with a beautiful and cheery bunny banner!

Happy Easter to all!

Aimee



No comments:

Post a Comment