Tuesday, July 23, 2013

LYB Vintage Summer GDT "berry sweet memories"

I am so excited to share this post with you all today. Today I am up on the Little Yellow Bicycle blog for my GDT using the gorgeous Summer Vintage collection! I had so much fun using this summery fun collection and I still have so much left over so you'll be seeing more projects from me!

I love that the Vintage Summer collection has these wonderful shades of green and red. I just happened to have the perfect pictures to with them! I recently went on a field trip with my daughter and her class to the local strawberry patch and we all had the best time picking strawberries. For the base page of the layout I used the green checked pattern paper and then I started layering on sheets from the 6x6 pad. Then came the fun part....with all of the fun packs of embellishments laying out on my desk I started picking and choosing all of the red and green embellishments that would compliment my pictures. 

Berry Sweet Memories


Here you can see a couple of the chipboard pieces and one of the flowers from the paper crafting kit.


Some of my favorite pieces I used on this layout were from the Decorative Edge cardstock pack. In the picture above you can see the green zig zag edged circle and the red scalloped edge circle in the picture below. I also love the Stick pins that fit perfectly behind one of the layered flowers.


Here is another shot of one of my layered areas on the layout where I used one of the Journaling Cards and a few of the cardstock stickers. 


LYB Products:

VS-105 Blue Skies/Green Microcheck

VS-135 Favorite Pieces Stickers - with thermography and embossing

VS-140 Fresh Verse Stickers - with debossing and thermography

VS-160 Vellum Tape

VS-279 Chipboard Shapes - with thermography

VS-133 Decorative Edge Cardstock

NA-WB10 Wood Buttons

NA-BST10 Burlap Tags


I Love You card


Once I had my layout completed I couldn't stop so I made this card with the 6x6 pad. I started out by using the red checked pattern paper as my base. I added strips of the quilted pattern paper on the sides, used a border punch on the navy blue pattern paper, and tucked a strip of  it underneath the strips of quilted pattern paper. I adhered the banner pieces to a string of twine and placed pop dots on the backs of each piece before adhering it to the card. Then I decorated it with some twine bows, round cardstock stickers, and smaller banner pieces which I created from the Vellum Tape. For the sentiment I adhered the banner chipboard piece down to my card and then placed the I Love You canvas sticker on top and I was done! So easy and I LOVE how it turned out!

LYB Products:

VS-304 6X6 Paper Pack

I loved working with the LYB Vintage Summer collection and I am so grateful to LYB for giving me the opportunity to design for them! Hope everyone enjoyed my layout and card!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful layout and a lovely card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. huge congrats!!!!
    that layout is so awesome!!!
    very cute card

    ReplyDelete