Wednesday, July 31, 2013

We R Memory Keepers GDT Home Sweet Home

HI guys and happy hump day! Today I want to share with you my GDT post over at the WRMK blog!! I am so very excited and honored to have been chosen to be one of the guest designers for We R Memory Keepers. And I was even more excited that I got to work with the Country Living collection because it is just gorgeous! I mean seriously, look at those colors! Yummy!!

For my project I wanted to make a layout documenting something that has recently transpired in my family's life. We moved from a home that we've lived in for the past 11 1/2 years. It's been a great home and none of us knew how special it was until the last few days and minutes. Lots of tears were shed but we are in our new house now and it is quickly becoming "home". This collection was perfect to document this event with all of the family and home sentiments of it. 


I started off with the brown cardstock as my base and started layering on all of the delicious patterns and colors. The first piece I adhered down is the ribbon pattern paper which is 6 1/2" x 10 3/4". Next I trimmed out the strips (Southern Drawl) for the top and bottom pieces of the layout and adhered them down. The next piece (red flower design with striped pp behind it) I adhered down is a design I cut with my Silhouette. It was originally meant for a card but I loved the design of it and felt it worked perfectly for my layout. The measurements for it are 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".


The next few layers are ones I trimmed from either the Southern Drawl PP or the Town Paper PP.


To top it all off I added some of the fabulous chipboard pieces which give great dimension to any project. I found myself feeling them all the time while in the process of making my layout. They have a great embossing finish that really give them a gorgeous look.


And last but not least I used one of the journaling notes that I trimmed from the Town Paper PP which was the perfect size for my story about this picture.

Supplies Used:
61941-3 Honey Bee
61943-7 Southern Drawl
61945-1 Patriotic Strips
61948-2 Town Hall
61951-2 Award Ribbons
61953-6 Coffee Cardstock
61952-9 Red Cardstock
42449-9 Layered Chipboard


Thanks for stopping by today! I have been having so much fun working with the WRMK Country Living collection and I feel so blessed to have been chosen to guest design for them! I hope you like my layout and that it inspires you!

post signature

2 comments: