Wednesday, September 13, 2017

MCS - Fall Looks Good On You! layout tutorial


Hello scrappy friends! I'm here with you today to share a step by step tutorial on my "Fall looks good on you" layout. 

I don't know about you but I am so excited this time of year!!  Excited to bring out all of my fall decorations, to be outside playing in the leaves with the kiddos, and getting scrapbook kits in the mail that are boosting those gorgeous Fall colors! 


And the My Creative Scrapbook September creative kit is absolutely gorgeous and so much fun to use!!


So let's get started...

Trim out the inside of a brown paper leaving a 1 1/4" frame. (This step is not necessary but I like to use the inside part of papers for other projects)


Trim a piece of kraft cardstock to 10" x 10" and adhere to brown paper


Trim and adhere the tree paper to fit inside the kraft cardstock leaving a couple of inches of kraft showing. It will be covered up in the next step.


Trim 3 strips of pattern paper and use 1 of the border strips from the 12x12 sticker sheet. Distress the left side edge of each strip but not the border sticker.


Adhere those strips down making sure they are spaced enough to go over to the tree paper. Add the orange border border strips to the outside of the frame.


For this step, I trimmed my pictures down to a square for one and a slight rectangle for the other one and used orange patterned paper and cream cardstock for the matts. Then I used my Silhouette to create part of my title with the words being backed with a lighter colored cardstock. Adhere them together.


Because the distressing on the right hand strips gives some volume I had to use some pop dots to prop up my right side picture.


Adhere pictures and title to your layout...


and start adding all of the fun bits to jazz it up!


I HAD to have this sweet little owl with the saying "you're a hoot" but couldn't fit it on there as it came from the sheet of layered stickers so I disassembled it and used the 2 pieces separately. ↓


I love how this layout came out and hope you do too!


Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check out all of the other beautiful kits offered this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment