Sunday, September 8, 2013

Feeling Like Fall with Doodlebug

Sundays.....there's nothing like Sundays to me! Especially around this time of year. While I sit here in my scrapbook room (scrapping my heart out) I love hearing the games in the background. Not sure what it is but it is so relaxing to me. So today while the boys are taking in the games I started working on some Fall cards. I stopped by Archiver's the other day and was so excited to see the new Doodlebug Happy Harvest collection. If you haven't seen it yet....you NEED to! It's gorgeous!! I love it!!

So here are two cards that I made today with Happy Harvest. The first one I cranked out is called "grateful for you!". As I was making it I knew I wanted some kind of border around the window. I struggled for a little bit but then I looked over and saw my washi tapes sitting looking all pitiful because they were being neglected. So I invited them over to my card and made a washi tape border. I LOVE the way it turned out! It almost looks like a quilt border. Or maybe I'm crazy and it doesn't. What do you think?


And what do think of this flower?!?! I LOOOOOOVE it! It's from their Mini Flower pack......35 pieces to create fabulous flowers like this one!


And here is my second card "Happy Thanksgiving - thinking of you". Once again I wanted my washi tapes to feel special so I added a bunch of vertical strips across the front of my card, added a sweet little banner and then my title. This card took all of 30 minutes which is fast for me! I love it when I have a beautiful collection to work with and everything just seems to fall into place!


How cute is this little turkey guy?!?! I know my grandparents will love to see him greeting them when they get this card/envelope!


Alright....that's it from me today. I may go catch a little bit of the games and relax with the guys and my girl. I'll be back later on this week with a layout that I created for Artful Delight kit club. I'm so excited because they ask me to be their guest designer for September! Whoot! Whoot! It's a fabulous kit!!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh, how stinkin' cute are these?? I LOVE fall and LOVE your cards, Aimee! Such a fun and happy collection to play with, and you have used it brilliantly. I love the strips and frame you made with the washi tapes. And how fabulous that matching envelope is. Uh-dorable!

    ReplyDelete